Why join a boarding prep at 10 or 11+?
Heads of two highly sought after prep schools discuss how they introduce children to boarding, and prepare them for boarding senior schools.
Topics discussed will include:
- Describe/characterise your schools
- Where do pupils come from (location, kinds of schools, ages of entry)?
- what age do children start boarding?
- is it easier to start as a day pupil, then board? What about joining as a boarder? What age these days?
- Academic profile of pupils
- Outcomes (ie where they go next)
How diverse is the school? (staff, pupils, parents)
- What kinds of children thrive in boarding prep schools?
- What kinds of families / children do not suit boarding?
- How do I know when my child is ready to board?
- There seem to be fewer boarding prep schools - why is that?
- My child is currently in a state primary. Do you have many entrants from the state system?