- 3 children in every classroom have a diagnosable mental health problem
- Half of those with lifetime mental health issues first experience symptoms by the age of 14
- Depression and anxiety amongst teenagers have increased by 75% in the past 25 years
- Children are less likely to suffer from serious mental health difficulties later in life if they receive support at an early age
- We take a 'whole school approach'. Our school-based teams of professional counsellors and therapists build strong links with students, staff and wider school community to help develop a 'mentally healthy' ethos within the school environment.
- In each school, the School Project Manager is able to respond swiftly to critical incidents and is on hand to engage with external agencies, support staff initiatives and provide support within the school on all issues relating to children's mental wellbeing.
- Our support helps improve children's attitudes to learning and academic progress. It builds children's, young people's and families' resilience, providing them with brighter prospects and more hopeful futures.
- We are also a leading provider of specialist training and university-validated professional qualifications for those who work with children, helping them to enhance their understanding of children's mental health and wellbeing, and ultimately improving the support that they can offer children and young people.