Wymondham College is the highest performing state school in East Anglia with results that consistently place us in the top 5% of state schools nationally. We are a unique community, made up of students aged 11-18; boarders and day pupils and a team of highly skilled and dedicated academic and support staff.
We are justifiably proud of our students’ academic success, which is an important aspect of our work. However, College life beyond the classroom is central to our belief in a holistic education. As illustrated in our prospectus, our extensive ‘Wymondham Life’ programme offers a huge array of activities including charity events, sport, community work and our Combined Cadet Force. The dimension that a boarding school provides adds real value to our outstanding school. Our students are confident, articulate, well-rounded individuals who understand the importance of team work and resilience. We are proud of our high standards of pastoral care and academic success which were recognised by Ofsted in January 2017; “There is a culture of high expectation and high attainment. Many children and young people exceed their academic expectations because of the support that they receive.”
Our three Core Values of PRIDE, PASSION and POSITIVITY say something of our culture, our ethos and our priorities. As such, they help us to define the type of College we strive to be. They speak also about the kind of young people we wish to send into the world.
By PRIDE we mean that everyone
- has a deep appreciation and respect for our heritage, our history and our unique boarding community
- sets exceptional standards, celebrating personal successes and gleaning pleasure from the achievements of others
- has a deep sense of loyalty and commitment to our community, to our Houses, to friendship groups and towards personal journeys
By PASSION we mean that everyone
- is enthused and excited by learning, taking initiative and allowing others to do the same, so that every lesson counts
- embraces the wealth of leadership and ‘Wymondham Life’ activities on offer, so that growth continues both inside and outside the classroom
- is afforded the opportunity to lead, drive and shape the community in which we all thrive
By POSITIVITY we mean that everyone
- welcomes and embraces challenge, accepting that we are at our most productive when stretched
- recognises that effort will lead to growth, that criticism can drive future success
- will foster positive and collaborative relationships with all members of the community
Whilst our prospectus gives a flavour of what makes Wymondham College such an amazing ’World Class School’, the best way to experience it is to come and see for yourself. We look forward to welcoming you soon.