Will my child suit senior boarding?
Heads of three leading boarding schools discuss how boarding works and who it suits.
Topics covered will include:
- Is it a good idea to attend a boarding prep school first?
- How do senior schools integrate children who are new to boarding?
- How do parents decide what would suit their child?
- Does your school allow children to specialise?
- Are there specific family needs that make boarding or day a better choice?
- Are there parents not suited to boarding?
- Do boarders from the city miss London?
- Are there types of children who are better suited to being with or away from their parents as teenagers?
- Should I worry about safeguarding in boarding schools?
- What are the entry requirements for your schools?
- What post-school destinations do your pupils go on to?
- How local should we be if thinking about a senior boarding school?
There will be a slot for questions, and afterwards meet all three speakers over coffee at the 'When to Start Boarding' Reception