ISI Vision And Mission
Our vision is that all children and young people in independent education are safe, secure and well educated.
Our mission is to ensure that children and young people in independent schools and colleges at home and overseas stay safe and receive high quality, effective education and to encourage schools to improve, through the provision of world-leading, evidence-based inspection and improvement services.
The Independent Schools Inspectorate is :
- a government approved independent inspectorate for independent schools, quality assured on behalf of the Department for Education. This remit extends to independent schools which are full members of the associations which form the Independent Schools Council ( association independent schools)
- a Home Office approved provider of ‘educational oversight’ for private further education colleges (PFE colleges) in England, which are or apply to become a Tier 4 sponsor
- an approved independent inspectorate of British Schools Overseas (BSO).
What the ISI does?
Our responsibilities include:
- inspecting and monitoring the educational, boarding care and early years provision of association independent schools against standards set by the government and publishing reliable objective reports
- evaluating the educational provision of association schools against the ISI inspection framework agreed with stakeholders
- provision of educational oversight for Private Further Education (PFE) colleges who are or seek to become Tier 4 sponsors, through inspection against our published standards
- inspecting British Schools Overseas (BSOs) against standards set by the government of England, under a voluntary BSO accreditation scheme
- partnership with statutory agencies towards our mutual goal of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The safety of children and young people is at the heart of all our work.
- promoting compliance in the independent education sector through publication of extensive guidance and regular advice and updates for our stakeholders to promote thorough, common understanding of requirements
- sharing our expertise through our consultancy business
- using our independent voice, to share lessons drawn from inspection experience with the UK government through our responses to formal consultations and routine contact.
Please login to view all listing details!