In the independent system 11+ is the traditional starting point for girls at senior school, as well as an entry point for some boys and co-educational senior schools. 13+ is the traditional starting point for boys' senior schools and many co-educational schools.
Parents looking for the right senior school face complex choices. London schools are all highly competitive; outside London requirements vary enormously. How do you decide the type of education that is right for your child?
The ultimate forum for parents:
- Meet the country's leading senior schools, all under one roof;
- Meet school admission teams;
- Find the school that suits your child's needs;
- Learn about entrance requirements, scholarships and bursaries;
- Hear talks by the country's leading educationalists and the UK's top heads;
- Hear admissions advice from top university consultants.
The Definitive Word on Independent Education
Hear from the brightest thinkers and most respected Heads at the renowned Education Theatre. Below you can watch some of last year's talks to get a flavour of the high quality advice available at the Show.
Questions parents come to the show to get answered:
- What should I look for when choosing a school?
- Is my child likely to meet the standards required to pass 11+/13+ entry tests in London, and is tutoring now essential?
- We think that a boarding senior school would better suit our child than a London day school. Should we be boarding our child at a prep school beforehand?
- What are the pros and cons of single-sex and co-educational schools?
- Should I consider moving to be near a school outside London? An enormous number of schools are within easy reach of London. How do we choose?
- I am considering a blend of the state and independent systems. How do I get my child into an independent senior school from a state primary school?
- How do I find out about the scholarships and bursaries that are available?
- The pressures on teenagers can be enormous, how do we ensure that our child stays healthy, safe and sane?
The Independent Schools Show has helped thousands of students and their parents answer these kinds of questions.